With more than 40,000 members, the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) is the nation’s premier membership organization for healthcare finance leaders. HFMA builds and supports coalitions with other healthcare associations and industry groups to achieve consensus on solutions for the challenges the U.S. healthcare system faces today. Working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders, HFMA identifies gaps throughout the healthcare delivery system and bridges them through the establishment and sharing of knowledge and best practices. We help healthcare stakeholders achieve optimal results by creating and providing education, analysis, and practical tools and solutions. Our mission is to lead the financial management of health care.
At the chapter, regional, and national level, HFMA helps healthcare finance professionals meet the challenges of the modern healthcare environment by:
- Providing education, analysis, and guidance.
- Building and supporting coalitions with other healthcare associations to ensure accurate representation of the healthcare finance profession.
- Educating a broad spectrum of key industry decision makers on the intricacies and realities of maintaining fiscally healthy healthcare organizations.
- Working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders to improve the healthcare industry by identifying and bridging gaps in knowledge, best practices, and standards.
HFMA will bring value to the industry as the leading organization for healthcare finance.
Leading the financial management of health care.
2017 Conference Topics
Keynotes – from leading in today’s culture to the latest in Texas Healthcare policy – the HFMA Texas State Conference covers it all.
Ron Culberson, author and humorist will inspire us to “Do it Well. Make it Fun”. His mission is to change the workplace culture so that organizations are more productive and staff are more content.
Sherri Elliott-Yeary, human resource coach and author of “Ties to Tattoos” provides expert advice on managing the generation gaps in today’s workforce.
John Hawkins, Senior Vice President, Government Relations with the Texas Hospital Association will bring the latest news on the political scene for Texas Healthcare.
Hot Topics – explore the latest ideas in physician alignment and reimbursement and patient friendly revenue cycle techniques, as well as what’s new at HFMA National.
Physician Integration – a panel of perspectives
Patient Satisfaction in the Revenue Cycle – Suzanne Lestina, Vice President Revenue Cycle Innovation, Avadyne Health
Engaging Patient Customers through Retail Medicine:
- Kitty Cawiezell, Executive Vice President, MDSave
- Matt Gilbert, Regional Director, MD Save
MACRA – Measuring the Financial and Strategic Impact:
- Bryan Smith, Principal – Performance Partner, Premier, Inc.
- Brent Hardaway, Vice President, Premier Inc.
HFMA National Update – Mary Mirabelli, VP of Global Healthcare Practice at Hewlett Packard and National Chair, HFMA
Technical Skills – need to know the latest on the technical and regulatory front? Join us to hear the latest on revenue cycle, tax, reimbursement and 340b from these technical gurus:
- Joyce Hellums, Southwest Region Leader; Diane Bean, Tax Senior Manager – Ernst & Young, LLP
- Kathy Schwartz, AVP of Strategic Messaging; Andrew Berg, Professional Services Manager – Craneware
- Bill Galinsky, VP Government Finance, Baylor Scott & White; Steve Hand, AVP Government Reporting, Memorial Hermann
- John Souder, Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLC